lundi 9 janvier 2012

Back to Jamaica

It's very frustrating to be back here and to have to deal with the freaking unwanted male attention again. Every time I leave home, I am sure to receive a stupid comment, a whistle, s greeting, a cat call, but SOMETHING, from the men in the street. In my head, I tell them to shut up. I sing a little melody to better ignore them because I know that the slightest attention I would give them, they would be all after me. Even the kids begging in the street, I learned to ignore them, to not give anything to anyone, not even a smile, way to precious to be given away like that. It's the jungle here, so in order to survive, better know the rules.

Yesterday just as I left home to go tothe gym a car stopped besides me. 5 men were inside and wanted me to go with them. Obviously I didn't. I don't want to imagine whAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF i HAD.

I can't wait to live in a country where men leave women alone. That is really getting on my nerves now.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire